The Best Birthday Present Ever!

Bennett Claire Collins graced us with her presence at 12:27 PM, Saturday, Septmeber 6, 2008....on her mommy's 29th birthday! My water broke really late Friday night and we arrived at the hospital at 1:30 Saturday morning. I was in labor for eleven hours and let me just say.....epidurals are a WONDERFUL thing! Bennett weighed in at eight pounds six ounces and was 20 and 3/4 inches long. She had lots of dark hair, her mommy's nose and her daddy's lips, eyes, and FEET!!!! We love her sooo much and are trying to get into a routine at home now. We were discharged from the hospital at 10:30 am Monday morning and within the first 30 min. at home she had to eat and have two stinky diapers changed! Life is in full swing!

13 comments:

Missy said...

I am so excited for you. I have been dying to see pictures. Enjoy every minute with Miss Bennett.

Betsy Marchant said...

Congratulations Chris and Danna! What a surprise to find out that Bennett is here. I can't wait to see more pictures!

Betsy Marchant said...

PS. I agree that epidurals are the BEST thing EVER!!!!

Leanne B. said...

Danna, Congratulations! She's darling! You're going to have so much fun! Welcome to the most fun club ever!

Amy said...

OMG - she is preceious!!!! I am so happy for you guys. We love you!

shanna said...

congratulations! she is beautiful! i can't wait to meet her.

The Martin Family said...

I want to call and check on you and Bennett, but don't want to call when you might be sleeping. Translation...Call Me Soon!

Robyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robyn said...

It was wonderful to see you and the family on Sunday. Bennett is perfect and I can't wait to see her again soon!

Jill said...

Chris and Danna.... Shes perfect!! I can't wait to meet and hold and rock her!!! Congrats to the Collins Family.

Bree said...

She is precious!! Congrats!! Glad to hear you two are doing well. Take care & keep posting pics.

Lee Wilkes said...

Oh my goodness---she's so beautiful!!! I am so happy for you both and am glad you are doing well. Now you have truly experienced God's greatest gift to us in this life!! Enjoy every minute, even the stinky ones!!

Ashley said...

So adorable! Congrats! I cannot wait to see her!!! I wish I could come this weekend, but I'm at a conference. I'm going to make it soon!!!!! She is so so so so precious!